Wednesday 14 March 2018

Enos


February 26

So we'll see who gets this email this week.  Still trying to get used to the phones we got this week.

This week was good did lots of tracting. It was a pretty warm week so it was alright being out tracting most the week!  Found a few good potential investigators so that was a plus.  Taught our first lesson to people that aren't part member families this week!  It went pretty good, but they aren't super promising sadly... but who knows maybe they'll work out!? 
So since not a lot happened this week I thought a little spiritual thought would be good; or maybe a big one.  So it'll be in repentance. 
We'll start out in Enos 1:1-8

Behold, it came to pass that I, Enos, knowing my father that he was a just man—for he taught me in his language, and also in the nurture and admonition of the Lord—and blessed be the name of my God for it—

2 And I will tell you of the wrestle which I had before God, before I received a remission of my sins.

3 Behold, I went to hunt beasts in the forests; and the words which I had often heard my father speak concerning eternal life, and the joy of the saints, sunk deep into my heart.

4 And my soul hungered; and I kneeled down before my Maker, and I cried unto him in mighty prayer and supplication for mine own soul; and all the day long did I cry unto him; yea, and when the night came I did still raise my voice high that it reached the heavens.

5 And there came a voice unto me, saying: Enos, thy sins are forgiven thee, and thou shalt be blessed.

6 And I, Enos, knew that God could not lie; wherefore, my guilt was swept away.

7 And I said: Lord, how is it done?

8 And he said unto me: Because of thy faith in Christ, whom thou hast never before heard nor seen. And many years pass away before he shall manifest himself in the flesh; wherefore, go to, thy faith hath made thee whole.
Because of the things Enos heard and felt he had the desire to change and he prayed to god to be forgiven of his sins and with the faith he had God could take his sins from him and he was forgiven.  God knows each of us and he knows what we are going through at this point and time in our lives and he wants to help us overcome these things. But having faith that he can forgive us is not enough sadly.  Faith is an action work.  To have help from god we must ask. It's like sitting in a class at school for example.  If we don't know what we are doing in class and we don't ask for help then no one knows we need it. Like that we must ask God through prayer for his help. When we do this it opens the door for him to step in and help. 
Things may not be fixed as fast or in the way you want it to be but trust in Him.  Everything he does has a purpose behind it.  I was listening to a talk today on the way to Regina for p day and it was talking about rough starts and good finishes.  Now this doesn't necessarily pertain to sin but it does go with trials.  The comparison was made to working out and the saying " no pain, no gain" without pain you don't build muscle, so you need to first be put under pressure and tare those muscles to make them become stronger.  Like this the Lord puts trials in our paths to help up build a deeper faith in him and become strong. We may pray to him for strength to overcome something and he might give us another trial.  We may see this as a curse rather than a blessing.  But this is all part of his plan for us to be better.  
Sometimes when you are being tried in life it’s because god needs you to grow.  Remember god won't put a trial in your way that he knows you can't overcome.  So push hard when you are feeling like life is hard, it's going to be a growing experience for you in the end.
God loves each and every one of you individually.  Pray to him always and like Enos you can be forgiven of your mistakes and be made whole once again.  Always be in church for sacrament meeting that is where we can have a fresh start to our week.
"When the going gets tough, the tough get going." Stay strong and build yourself spiritually and ask for help when you need it.

Love ya all.

Talk to you next week. 

No comments:

Post a Comment