Wednesday 14 March 2018

#strugglesOfCanWinMissionaries


March 12, 2018

Well our week has consisted of us shoveling and blowing our parking spot and the church! It was pretty fun believe it or not. Only got partly stuck twice! Once coming out of A&W (where we emailed on p pay) and once about 50' from our parking spot at the back of our apartment... So you might be wondering how one gets partly stuck, let me tell you how that works. So it's where you’re stuck but didn't need any assistance in getting out from anyone else other than your comp ha-ha elder Fuster got the honors of pushing our two wheel drive out of the drifted parking lot at A&W and at the apartment. Poor guy didn’t know how to really push a car out even after I showed him and instructed how to do it. But he wore himself out none the less. Thought he was going to die on the couch in the apartment once we got home from the heavy breathing and cries. "Elder I'm so tired, that was so hard" ha-ha I got a good laugh out of it. Wasn't any different when it came to cleaning the church walks with their 3' drifts or the spot where we park behind our apartment. He was about dead after shoveling for 15min ha-ha not even. All I could do was laugh at 'em.
I told elder fuster when we stated to clear our parking spot out "watch, once we get this done some guy with his bobcat is going to come in and clean this all out." sure enough once we were all done and leaving to go see some people there was a guy coming to clean out the snow!... Whatever it was fun anyway.
A couple in the ward (branch) keep forgetting it’s not a ward, anyway they did a little presentation on their mission in Wyoming on the trails there. It was super good! Had lots of nonmembers there. Mike even came to it. That's the guy that came to church on Sunday that I didn't know was an investigator till after ha-ha.
Listening to them taking about the trail reminded me of when our ward went, and all the memories we had from doing that. Having bro and sis Berry as my mom and dad for it ha-ha Good times! Still remember the song they always sang on the trail. Can't remember the name of the actual song right now but it was funny.
Had interviews with P Craig Thursday up in Moose jaw along with district meeting, so we did another week of driving. Drove about 10hrs total. Heading out to swift again tonight for exchanges so that'll start the week off with 3hrs. I don't mind too much though, get to see lots while driving.
So I don't know how many of you have ever experienced waking on tile with snow on it. I'd recommend not walking on it if you can avoid it, me and elder Fuster found out the hard way that is slick...! We didn’t have much choice once we found out it was slick if we were going to walk on it or not, because hey that might have been the one we came to that area to find!
Going up was alright, the way down was fun though! We were being pretty careful because we knew we would die if we weren't. I found out what the railing is really for on steps ha-ha is to catch one that is falling helplessly to the ground. That's all that saved me from hitting the ground at the bottom of the steps ha-ha elder Fuster thought it was pretty funny till he about bit it too! #strugglesOfCanWinMissionaries
it’s odd now to think you guys are on the same time as we are here in SK now. I used to think I was sending my emails off late somedays but then I'd remember that when it's 10 or 11 here it's only 9 or 10 back home so I was safe. Guess that won't happen anymore.

Well love ya all! Talk to you next week! 

No comments:

Post a Comment