Wednesday 14 March 2018

Exchanges with Elder Baker


January 22, 2018

 Well here's an interesting thing that happened to me and Baker while on exchanges this week.  Me and him took north central which is supposedly the sketch part of Regina but compared to Flin Flon its nothing ha-ha still fun though, and that’s partly why I took that area for the day with Baker cause it was like Flin Flon and I knew I’d get a good story or two.  So we spent most the day trying not to fall on the ice that was everywhere for that rain last week, and that was fun!  Not too many people were home when we were knocking but the people that were home were nice and interesting to talk to.  One guy I talked to opened the door and I told him who were where and he stopped me and said in a loud voice "Go away I’m the devil!!"  and slammed the door ha-ha I don’t think he was.   If he’s the devil we all have nothing to be afraid of, because he’s 5' 5", has his hair up in a bun, and has a high voice.  Also ran into a not too sure if he’s JW that day.  He says he is JW but is more of just a tradition than a religion for him so we had a good chat with him on the steps.  
Super nice week here in Regina zone!! 5-10 all week!! It was the best! Todays -11 right now and its super warm for us.
esterday after church Sauni and I had a member lesson with the Redford’s.  We did the restoration with them and it went super good!  Got sis Redford to cry ;)  During the lesson she went back to her investigator self and played along to us practicing our lesson on them, so it was like we were teaching an actual lesson but no at the same time.  At the end we did a  little testimony like always but this time for some reason I let myself go a little more than I usually do and didn’t hold back some of what I felt and I don’t know it must have been what she needed cause she broke down and yeah, it was good.  She told us she could feel that our testimonies were from the heart and that what we shared was the truth, said she could feel it as we talked just like she could when she first started to listen to the missionaries.  The spirit was definitely there in the lesson.
Found a few new people this week while tracting!  Found a large 14yr old boy whose name is Nolan? We both thought he was 17 18 but nope he’s 14!!.... super great kid though!  
I’m not sure what the people here in Regina feed their kids but I’ve met some of the biggest 14yr old boys up here!  Not fat or nothing just tall!! They are all taller than me and Sauni, which isn’t saying much but still!! It’s crazy how big they are! 

Not too much else happened this week other than that good stuff!  

Love ya all, talk to ya next week! 

 

No comments:

Post a Comment