Wednesday 14 March 2018

Thanks for the Opportunity


March 5, 2018

So this week was lots of fun, spent some time driving in a snow storm here in Weyburn. Came out of church and it was good. You could see a storm was coming but you could tell that yesterday.  All the women in the branch were nervous about us going out to Estevan for their church but pres. Regneir was like ya you should be good I’d say, so off we went!   Made it there and back safe and sound no problem.  It was about an hour after we got back to Weyburn that the snow started to come, she's been coming down ever since. 

About 8 pres. Regneir called us up and was like "hey what are you two up to? I got this home teaching last here for you.  Maybe if the roads aren't too bad you could come get it and have a little chat while your here?" so we told him yeah we can give it a shot. Me being me I’m either  all in our or I'm not so once I hit the edge of town I wasn't turning back.  Took us about 5 min longer than usual but we made it alright there and back!  Had a few interesting moments along the way but we were good.

Aside from all the snow yesterday this week's was pretty decent.  Had exchanges in swift current with fowler and Olson. I ran into a few more people that know the Sorpold’s, Mckenzie Parson’s being one of them.  Guess he had Bart as a ym’s leader back in the day so he had lots of stories to tell me!

Lots of driving this week.... Wasn't too bad I guess, did about 10 hrs. total roughly.  Drive through the place they did the TV show corner gas, that was neat.

Um what else did we do this week that good other than tract?  Taught our first lesson that wasn't a member present or La lesson so that was nice!  It was with Rossell, Rov, and Jessica.  We just read the induction to the book of Mormon and talked about it. Rov had lots of questions for us! Almost got them to come to church yesterday even! They didn't make it but one of our long lost investigators Mike did! Didn't even ask him to come, I didn't even know he wasn't a member until we met with him after church for a quick lesson... My B.  Super nice guy 29yrs old far as pres. Rengier can remember.  Pretty quiet and kind of slow taking but nice none the less!  We got dinner with him and the Lim's in Francis on Friday so that should be good!

Had an interesting experience this week while tracting.  We were knocking the trailer parks and most everyone was pretty nice thank goodness, this week was kind of bad for finding nice people. Got lots of angry ones I instead.  Anyway we knocked on this old guys door and I told him who we were and what we were sharing with people, and kind of got the usual answer "no were are good thanks anyway" I tried a little bit more to try and get a yes but to no avail.  On the way down his steps though he said something that stuck with me the rest of the day. He said "thanks for the opportunity" in my whole yr. of being out no one had ever said that before, and the way he said it made me think to myself that he knew that what we were sharing was something more than just a message of Christ and he missed his chance in a way.  I don't know I just found it interesting that he said that.
Had a baptism here on Saturday for Ben Buchanan. Ben is eight and is the step son of our investigator Eoin (Owen) so that was a really good experience for Eoin to get to see happen.  They keep telling him "your next!" and he doesn't say "no I'm not" (imagine that being said with an Irish accent and that's Eoin) ha-ha so him not saying it’s not him next is a good sign I'd say.  Had a couple other none members there besides Eoin.  Thomas's girlfriend, and his uncle.
Pretty good week over all I'd say.  We'll see what this week brings for us!

Love ya all! Talk to you next week!

If anyone has a topic for a little spiritual thought they want me to add in my next email send me your ideas and I'll see what I can come up with.  Makes my studies in the morning more effective when I got something like that to do.
 
Nasty roads
 Black vehicle is theirs
 Road trip
What does family mean to you? 

Family to me is people I can turn to anytime for help and comfort.  People who love me for who I am, and are there to correct me when I need it. 

Having good family relationships can take work and I know it's hard to always love someone who knows how to push your buttons, but as you try to love and be the good kid your parents know you are, your family will be blessed and strengthened in  so many ways. 

Many of the problems in our families are often caused by individuals thinking only of themselves and what they need or want at that moment.  Along with things like speaking unkindly, not sharing, continually pestering siblings, and not obeying your parent’s makes home not a place of peace.  Here is some good news though! You can change the feelings in your home.  By not being a part of the problem,  reacting to little poke's and prods from siblings, and listening to your parents things will be better in the home. There will be more love, the spirit will dwell there more often, and you will get along with one another better than before. 

Your example in the family can make all the difference.  If you are arguing with your sister or brother have the strength to stop and leave the situation. 

 Love kills contention.  Love your sisters and brothers.  They are going to be with you forever and they will be some of your best friends even if you might not think so now. Family will always be there for you in times of need. 

Respect you parents and willingly do the things they ask of you.  Participate in family prayer and scripture study.  If your family doesn't do regular scripture study and prayer be the example and pull the scriptures out and try to start something good in your home.  You could even start with something a little smaller and just read the scriptures on your own.  When your family sees the example you are setting eventually they might join you in your studies. The family a proclamation to the world says Happiness in family life is most likely to be achieved when founded upon the teachings of the Lord Jesus Christ. 

I know this to be true.  I have seen many family's on my mission that don't have the blessings in their family that come from living the gospel.  It's hard for me know the answers to some of their problems and them not seeing that the things we are sharing with them can help improve their situations and they turn it down.  We are truly blessed to have the teachings of this gospel in each of our homes.  Take advantage of these things, read the book of Mormon every day, pray always, go to seminary, and always go to church even if it is at 9am and you’re tired.   As you do your part in living the gospel and in strengthening your family, being that peace maker, and a good example you will feel the difference in your home and you will be drawn closer together as a family.  

Do these simple things now to help prepare yourself to be the husband or wife you are meant to be, and it will be much easier to lead your family in the right direction when the time comes. 

 

No comments:

Post a Comment