Wednesday 6 February 2019

Seventh Floor Balcony

October 29, 2018
So, when I told you last week how I figured I'd have some stories for you like I did back in Flin Flon, I didn't think I'd have story's like I have for you this week especially in the first week...
We started off this week with some FHE at the Basallos place, I taught the lesson. We did the little video on dare to stand alone and then we talked a little about it, after which we played a couple games with them, Able and Dillan our RCs were there to since they had just got done seminary with Pres. Basallos daughter so that was good.
Once we got done with FHE and games we did a few stop bys and tract before 9. Me in my boots I didn't wanna tie them up while doing stop bys cause I didn't wanna untie them again and all that so I just walked with my laces tucked in to the first door. We didn't get in so I decided to tie them, and as I was doing my boots up bro (Brody) saw us from his places standing there in the street and yelled out his window to us "what ya doin out there young fellas?!" we told him we were doing some stop bys and so he said "well come on in!" bro he wasn't on our stop by list that night but that didn't matter all too much to us, he wanted us to come by so we figured that would be a good use of our time.
We talked with Bro for about his day and what he'd been up to since we last saw him, and then slowly the conversation turned into religion. He asked us what his purpose was here on earth and if God is really there then why did he take his leg in a mining accident and leave him like he is today. We talked with him for a little about how we don't know sometimes why things happen to us when we think we are doing good and living how we are supposed to be, and then I had the thought of Payden's story and what happened to her this summer come into my mind so I told him about Payden. By the time I finished her story he was almost in tears, I related her story to him and how she was doing good things and all that and then this happens to her and how it probably changed her idea of the future quite a bit, but how her losing her leg didn’t seem to stop her much. I told him how she was searching for things she could still do with her new mortification and how it was still hard for her but she just took it all in and rolled with it and made the best of her situation.
It seemed to help him far as we could tell and it was good cause he could relate to what Payden went through.
Did a little bit of tracting this week but not a whole lot. The people here are a bit more closed minded then I remember but we still found a couple potentials from our bit of tracting.

Wednesday we had a lesson set for 2 with this native guy named Freddie who elder Jensen and Larson had taught this summer but since Allen got here him and Jensen haven’t been able to meet with Freddie. So, we had a lesson set but when the time came around Freddie wasn't there at his place so we messaged him seein where he was, he told us he wasn't home and after a bit of going back and forth he told us to meet him at his places again at 8pm, so later that day we got to sneak into the south towers again. I don't think any missionary likes going in there, it's were most the crazy people live in Thompson and the halls in the apartment building are strewn with garbage and each floor has its own smell of a different drug, but we went back anyway. 8.00 we met back at Freddie’s place up on the 7th floor and we knock, Freddie opens the door and he looks at us like we are some 3 month old thing of bread that he just found in the back of his fridge. Elder Allen says hi and goes to shake his hand, and Freddie he just looks at Allen’s hand and then backs away. We told him we were the guys he was talking with earlier to come meet with him and that's when he finally lets us in, keep in mind he hasn't said a word to us yet, he just waves us around to where he wants us. So we go in and take are boots off and then he takes us into his kitchen and stops, turns around and harshly whispers "who are you, and why are you here!" we told him again who we were and he seems to be holding back from wanting to freak out on us and wanting to cry, he rubs his face and says "I was expecting someone else" (both me and Allen haven't met Freddie before) we told him that Jensen was gone and all that and he seemed to understand but he was still frustrated with us. He then took us into his living room sayin come look here, so we did and there were 2 big native guys passed out on his floor. He told us that was his family and that that was why he couldn't meet earlier today, because they tempted him and made him drink again. By the way Freddie was pretty drunk during all this. Freddie led us out to his balcony (7th floor, with a crazy native guy who doesn't seem to like us so far) and me Allen kinda look at each other like is he gonna toss us over... But we figured hey we should be okay 2 on 1, so we go out. 1 minute out there and Freddie asked us out of the blue "are you scared of this hight?" we told him no, but if we were to be falling yes. Haha he then said "I think I'm gonna jump, will you jump with me?" as he started to climb up on the rail. We of course said no, but every so often he'd ask us again if we'd jump with him.
We talked with Freddie for a hr and a bit out there about the moon and what we thought of it, about his life and how he feels trapped. He also thought for a good while that I was the devil, then he turned on Allen and said he thought he was the devil. This was our conversation for most of that hr out there and it just kept all going in circles.
About 45 min into our little visit out there Phil one of the passed-out guys got up and went to the bathroom, and once he got done in there he decided to come try to scare us by sneaking up behind us and yelling. When we all turned around to see who was yelling Phil stopped and took a better looked at all of us. He recognized Allen but then he turned to me and said "I don't know you" and he lunged at me and grabbed my lower leg and my shoulders then lifted me up over the rail! I locked my hand to the rail and held onto Phil, meanwhile Fred and Allen tried to get in front of Phil and me. The only thing that truly stopped me from going completely over was my hand holding the rail and even that didn't stop me till just below my waist...so from the belt up I was over the rail.
When we got everything situated again and Phil was gone Freddie leaned over to me and said "I don't know if he was joking or not... He might have put you over if we didn't stop him..." so yeah I just about got tossed over the balcony of a 7-story building. Shortly after the event it was 9 so we had to head out of there and yeah, it was a crazy night.

The rest of our week wasn't near as crazy and exciting as the start but it was still pretty good. One night we spent building an arbour (not sure if that's how it's actually spelled) but it's the round outdoor arena that the natives do some of their pow wows at. It was an open service opportunity for everyone so we decided that would be a good place to go, good thing we went cause it was just us and the guy that put the poster up for help. It was super nice to get to work on some stuff like that again! Also realized how weak I am from the mission since we don't do much other then walk around, I'm still pretty good but nowhere near what I used to be lol. Love the smell of my coat right now to cause it smells like all my work coats do when we've been building fence.

Went out to Nelson house this week a few times. Did some work out there the one day, then the next two days we went out we were with Pres. Basallo picking up and dropping off members for our branch conf. this Sunday so that was good!

Me and elder Allen got called to be the assistant branch clerks this Sunday...! So that was interesting, now we get to do all the money and organizing stuff and making sure pres stays on top of everything. Looks like I might be a clerk till I die out here. Should be fun though!

Not too much else from this week can I remember going on but I guess this’ll give you a rough idea of how the new area has been this week! It's gonna be a crazy last few months I bet ya!

Love ya all talk to you next week! 

No comments:

Post a Comment