Wednesday 28 June 2017

What Think Ye of Christ?


Well another week come and gone!  Hit my 4th month mark the other day!  Can’t believe I’ve been out that long, sure doesn’t feel like 4 months. This week we had ZC in Brandon so we made the long drive along with the Thompson elders down there on Wednesday and got back Saturday.  On the way down we had dinner with Dallin’s grandparents the Fawns’ as usual!  Too bad they are leaving us in July, then we won’t have anyone to stop by on the way down to ZC's.  We even stayed the night there on the way home from ZC.  On the way up to ZC we pass through a place called riding mountain park and there is always bears and moose that we can get pics of.  Elder Lewis he got up on top of the car to get a pic of one bear that we saw... Not sure why but he did. We had 6 elders in the ZL's Apt it was Flin Flon, AP's, and the ZL's.  We sent Thompson over to the Spanish elders place.  Anyway we all were sitting around doing nothing, so elder Bingham he gets a bottle of homemade Kombucha from one of their Investigators, and if you don’t know what Kombucha is you’ll have to look it up because I can’t explain it very well.  But you’re only supposed to drink an ounce of it or it’ll wreck you I guess so we tried to get the Ap's to drink it but they wouldn’t unless we all got in there and had some of it with them.  Don’t worry we didn’t have anymore then an ounce, we only have one bathroom, so we didn’t want to deal with that.  I think elder Wright even got it on Video of us all up there drinking it together.  Wasn’t bad actually!  Later that night we all got ready for bed and elder Francis knelt down to say his prayers before most of us were even in our beds, that was at 10:30.   He didn’t get up till 11:30... But we all know he wasn’t praying that long, cause he had his hands down by his knees and his face was down in the couch ha-ha he won’t admit he fell asleep though.
The topic of ZC was "What think ye of Christ?"  That was by far one of the hardest things we’ve had to write a talk on, well for me anyway.  But man when we were all sitting there sharing out thoughts on Christ, I thought he was going to pop right up there in front of us all! The spirit was so strong, and I’ll give you a little idea of how strong it was.  I was almost tearing up.... So I can only imagine how everyone else felt.  Then to have Pres Craig recite The Living Christ by memory to us, that topped it all off.  So now I and elder Lewis are inspired you could say and we are attempting to do the same.  I got the half the first section down!
Alright now for the spiritual thought of the day...
I have never really thought too much what I think of Christ, so this talk for me was hard at first for me to write.  But the more I thought of it the more things came to my mind. Christ is everything to me.  I don’t want to think of were id in life be if it weren't for him.  Coming out here on a mission has really opened my eyes to all the things he has blessed me with before and after my mission.  The blessings I’ve received are countless. Christ is the Perfect example.  There is one thing I’ve always loved to hear said and it is "Blessed are those who are persecuted for righteousness."   Christ tried to show everyone the way that they could follow him, but many of them didn’t like him trying to show them that path.  He continued anyway, taking anyone who would open their door to him and listen.  All the while having people put him down.  This was the people he was trying to save and they hated him for that, enough to put him on a cross and have him done away with.   But in the end Christ still loved those people that had done wrong to him.  Remember his last words on the cross “Father forgive them, for they know not what they have done." I have never had to endure what he did in his life here on earth, but out here I feel I’m getting a small feeling of how he must have felt, trying to bring those he loves closer to him so they can have a better life.   I love the people here in Flin Flon, but many of them see it too hard to repent of the things they have done.  They feel they are too far gone or to old.   Seeing them say that to me and my companion saying "I’m too far gone, he won’t accept me anymore..."  It breaks our hearts to see them say that.  Because we know that no matter what we have done, we can be forgiven because of Christs Atonement.  But that is our part as missionary's, to help them see what we see.  To help them know they can be forgiven. It’s hard to get up every morning knowing that today you’ll probably have 1 or 2 people try and tell you that what you’re preaching is wrong and that we don’t know god.  But all we can do is shrug it off and keep our testimony close to our hearts and remember that there is a God and he loves each and every one of us, no matter what.  I know heavenly father watches out for his children, I have been guided to too many doors to believe anything different.  I love this gospel, and I love sharing it with those I come in contact with.  A mission really is the best thing for anyone.
I want you all to think through out the week what you think of Christ, maybe write down a few of your thoughts.  As you do this I know you will start to see all the things he’s blessed you with and you will grow to love him even more than before.

Love you all, and I’ll talk to you next week!

Pres Craig said he is going to try to make the lord keep me in the Flon for a while longer haha I’m alright with that!!
 
                               Taken on the way to zone conference

No comments:

Post a Comment