Thursday 21 June 2018

Till We Meet Again


May 21, 2018

This week has been pretty good. Did some driving around with zone conference and all that. It was President Craig and Sister Craig's last ZC.... They took all the time during it. Usually there are portions from the Zls, STLs, and the APs but not this round they took all 6hrs. 

It was really good. Learned lots about how we can better ourselves and our areas we are in. Did lots with drawing on the powers if heaven that's a book that President Craig has made into slides for us to study out of to help us better the work. 

Near the end of ZC out zone did a musical number with "God be with you till we meet again" and we started out with just a little piano solo of it then after about 2min we all stood up and started to sing it. Needless to say we got them and a few of us crying. I could even feel a few tears wanting to come out but I stayed strong haha the mission is going to be so different with them gone. They are what makes the Can Win mission the best. But they gotta go I guess and we will have a new president- president Hitchcock who shouldn't be all too bad we hope, maybe he'll be even better then P Craig who knows.

Been doin some tracting this week. Haven't found too many new people yet but they are coming I can feel it!

Helped out at Kevin's farm again this week putting some tires on his tractors getting ready for farming so that was nice.

Got my hands a little dirty finally with more than just the paint off the old doors we knock. 

Went out to the Buchanans on Saturday for the day. We helped Eoin (Owen) and Jessica set up a fence around their rabbits, then we went and played around with the horses, cows, pigs, and ducks. Abadicio pet his first bull and steer.

Cracked the bull whip a bit. We played a game called hurl or Hurley or something like that we can't remember the name of it. It's like a cross of hockey, baseball, and lacrosse it was pretty fun. 

While Jessica and Eoin were making dinner the kids decided they liked me and their little girl Bella she's 7. She sat by me on my chair and told me all about her DS and the game Mario something 3d as she played it. After about 30min of this her mom tried to use the old if you don't leave the missionaries alone or behave they will teach you a lesson trick on her to try and get her to leave me alone for a bit, but when Jessica tried that Bella just looked at her then me and got a big smile on her face haha that's when Jessica leaned over to Eoin and said I think Bella has a new crush... Haha sure enough she did cause later she was hugging everyone and when she got to Abadicio she thought about hugging him but she decided against it. Then she got to me.... She decided I looked nice enough she could hug me haha so she did. 

A bit later Ben their 8yr old son he decided I wasn't too bad either so he showed me his pictures of when he went on a truck drive with Eoin. I had both kids sitting around showing me different things for a little while. Eoin and Jessica were like well I think we know who their favorite missionary is! 

After dinner we sat around and visited for a bit while the kids went back outside to play. Shortly after they left Ben comes to the door and yells in "elder Nelson do you want to come watch me skid!?" so I went out and watched them run up and down the drive on their bikes drifting around. 

Once we finally got outta there we stayed the night in Estevan with bro and sis Woodruff. Had a fire and played guitar all night (till 10:30) and yeah it was a good day.

Not a whole lot else happened Sunday just the usual tracting and stop byes. Had lots a people at church had 25 I think!

Today we were in a weird mood it seemed haha during the hymn for Sunday school we sang hymn number 225 and it's like a marching hymn and so us and bro Woodruff started to do a little march while singing... Haha yeah we are a couple a goons.

Mailing things is a lot nicer now that I have a personal mail man that goes to Ab every so often. Had him take some stuff down this week for me. He's a member from Ab that is moving up here for work shortly so he still travels here and back home every so often. 

Bro brown had us come over last night to visit him. When we got there the first thing he said was hey guys I’m going to Catholic Church now, I don't want you guys coming around so much anymore. I hope you understand.

He was having one of his days were his skits is kicking in a bit partly cause he went off his pills for a few days, so I wasn't too worried when he told us this. Soon enough he'll be coming back to church again. He told us also that one of our members was Satan haha said that he was brought to our church by him and couldn't leave till now. He told us he was told to save us and bring anyone else to the Catholic Church that he could. It was an interesting visit to say the least. Anyway that concludes this week for us. All in all I'd say it was a pretty good week. 

Love ya all talk to ya next week!

No comments:

Post a Comment