Thursday 21 June 2018

I Can Smell the Horses


May 14, 2018

Well we started off the week with a pushup competition which went on for 15-20 min and ended with me doing 201 pushups and Abadicio doing 190. The way we did it was I do 1, then he does 2, then I do 3, and so on. By the end we had done 201 and 190. Abadicio ended up taking a nap the next morning haha said this was the first time he has worked out on his mission. 

Got some rain here on Tuesday night. It was like a mini hurricane that came through here. Had the trees bending over pretty good and the rain was coming down so hard that it was making everything look like there was fog in town, and we were out walking in it haha we got some interesting looks from people as they drove past. 

Found a few people Tuesday before the rain came! Kyle and then Rosalie. 

Met with Rosalie Wednesday and got to share lesson with her, and even set a baptismal date with her!

The other day we were walking around stopping by people and there wasn't to many people out due to the cloudy weather that day, not even many cars were out driving but as usual with our luck we had the one car that did pass us on the road we were on something weird happened. The car that passed us was full of girls about our age and not to our surprise they were all staring at us but we noticed something different about then as they drove by, they were all wearing mustaches.... We kept on walking wondering what the heck we just saw when all the sudden we could hear the car coming back to us. They pulled up right beside me and unrolled their windows and trying to keep straight face they asked if we wanted a mustache ride. Haha I have no idea what their plan was once they got us in the car but we didn't find out! I went along with their little joke and all but in the end I told them no we were okay walking. As they drove off Abadicio looked at me and said "what just happened...?" haha it was pretty strange, but it brightened up our boring day. 

Friday and Saturday there was a rodeo goin on right across the road from our place. Not a big surprise due to the fact we live right across from the rodeo grounds and track. It has been the worst thing!! All day I see kids on horses and hear the rodeo announcer telling what's going on, and I can smell the horses... It's killin me! I never thought I'd saw I can't wait for a rodeo to end. 

Little random thing that almost happened the other day. We were walking down the sidewalk takin and all the sudden a bird craped like 2 inches from me, no joke! It was so close to gettin me! It actually wouldn't have got me it would have hit the book of Mormon in my hand but still it was close. 

Most the rest of the week was spent walking around tracting. Found a few new people that said come back so hopefully we can get in the door with them.

Talked with the fam last night. That was pretty good. They mostly talked and I listened haha not much has changed there I’m still quiet. 

So other than the rodeo and the bird almost gettin me it was a good week for us here!

Love ya all, talk to you next week! 

 

No comments:

Post a Comment