Friday 22 June 2018

Happy 20th Birthday!

June 4, 2018


So to start out week off we had a lesson with a guy named Mike right after pday ended. We went around doing our stop byes and he was one of them he was the only one on his block a week ago when we knocked it that answered his door. 

So we checked up on him to see how he was doing and when we could meet with him. Turns out he was home alone for the evening and he was more than okay with us coming in for 5-10 min to talk, that 5 10 min talk turned into 30min haha but he didn't seem to mind he was the one asking all the questions. He's pretty open to what we shared and didn't seem to think on any one thing to hard. He asked where these plates where now so I told him what had happened and he went "oh okay that makes sense, I mean if we could see them then I guess that wouldn't be true faith right." usually that question and answer makes everyone kinda like yeah I don't know about that, this all seems very convenient that a "angel" came down and took these plates after he was done. But nope not Mike thankfully!

He said he'd read the B of M and get back to us on what he thought about it all shortly. 

After we got out of the lesson with Mike bro Dudragne called and was needing some service/help with loading some dirt in his truck for Thelma's garden boxes so we finished off the night there helping him out. May or may not have got to drive his truck a quarter mile...! haha

Rained a decent amount again this week most of Tuesday rained but it was still hot! Got to visit with Kathy and Jeff my ranch taking friends so you can guess what was talked about there for the most part, that was nice. They said they might have to take me out to their ranch before I leave here if I do get transfers next Monday!

Had our last interviews with President Craig this week.... That was sad but it was also really good. Had lots of wisdom to share with us all. He said "elder Nelson as dying man last words to you I hope you understand what I'm about to tell you...." and went on to tell me a bunch of things and how I'll be seeing a bit of him after the mission. Gonna miss President Craig but he said he thinks I'll like President Hitchcock just as well so I guess we'll see here shortly.

When we walked into the church for interviews and district meeting after (it’s just the 6 of us elders) I saw Elder Pehrson’s face and asked what happened to you?! Haha his one half of his face was all cut up around the eye and the eye was pretty close to being swollen shut. I asked did elder Fowler beat up on you!? He said no I got bit by something while I was sleeping...

I have no idea what kinda small creature would have inflicted that kinda bite marks on his face without him noticing but it did. He looks a little scary so I can only imagine what looks he gets while knocking doors haha. President Craig said sister wise our mission nurse said he'd be back to normal by the end of next week... Poor guy.

Pretty well the rest for our week has consisted of rain and more rain so we got lucky and one of our less-active family's was needing some help doing some things on their place while Hedley (the dad) was home for 10 days. So far he's not too happy with the weather cause he was hoping to get the outside done while he was off but the rain has told him otherwise and we've been working on the inside the last couple days. It's slowly coming together so that's good.

One of our investigators text us the other day after we asked if he had read the book of Mormon and he said "no I couldn't really get into it guys but I did find another good read it has lots of history in it, it's a relaxing read." then he sent us a picture of a bottle of whiskey we assume he had been drinking outta haha went in to say after "it doesn't taste to bad either."

So my guess is we'll have to get back to him another time when he's done studying history. 

Then we have Eoin (Owen) who when we asked if he was able to read lately he said "yeah I'm planning on reading it later tonight with Jess." I told him something like "that'll be good cause she'll be able to answer some questions that might come up." to which he said "yup, but what if she has a question?" "Oh you got it. Haha no I'm just kidding you can text us and we'll see what we can do." he said "Good cause I think we might need and ark to get to Tim's place (Jessica's dad) right now if we were to ask them!"

He was in a goofy mood that night it seemed but it was good. At least he was going to read. 

Prank of the week. I put some tooth numbing paste on Abadicios toothbrush the other night and the next morning he comes walking out of the bathroom and looks at me and I was like "what?" (I totally forgot about it) he picks his flip flop off his foot and starts throwing them at me haha he's like "you suck." he was laughing though so that was good. 

Sunday was spent most all day with the member’s at church and their homes. The Regniers had us over for a birthday dinner and party so that was fun and made me tacos so I was happy!

Then after them the woodruffs had us over quick before 9 and they sang happy birthday to me and we had some DQ treats so it was a good day. 

Got up this morning and got ready for the day and when I walked in the bathroom to brush my teeth I found a nice note on the mirror and it said HAPPY BIRTHDAY "STUD" HEART BREAK"! :D then he wrote Happy 20th birthday on the inside of the toilet seat haha so we got a good laugh.

Opened up all stuff that has been sitting in our coat closet for the past week!!

Found some pretty good stuff in there so thank you all for everything! 

Well that's the week for us!

Love ya all, talk to ya next week!

Thanks again for all the birthday wishes.

(Still a teen at heart) 

 





No comments:

Post a Comment