Tuesday 17 April 2018

The Sacrament


March 26, 2018

So this week was kinda bad for me with my phone... With exchanges Elder fowler and I were together for the day in Regina and we didn't have a phone with a Sim card in it. So near the time that we were going to have dinner with the Clarke’s I was going to put the Weyburn card in my phone so we could find out where to go, and there was already some horror stories going around about peoples phones getting cleaned out by putting them in so I took my SD card out to save some stuff incase it did decide to clear everything when I put it in. Good thing I did because it shut my phone down completely and lost everything I had that wasn’t saved to my SD card. So my notes with all my study topics and talks are gone... Some photos and stuff like that. Photos I wasn’t as sad about but my notes!! I spent hrs. of study's working on some of those topics. So idk we'll see if I can get something together for you guys this week.
Elder fowler the next day had the same thing happen.... So he was happy to ha-ha
Elder Fuster is gone... Think I caught a tear in his eye as he walked away after we said our goodbyes. Gonna miss that little Filipino.
The first day with Adabicio was good! Did lots of walking which was nice. Turns out that the gas card for mission vehicles tops out at 700$ a month. We drove a lot this month and hit that mark... So we are walking till sometime today.
Found quite a few people that said we could come back this coming week and they weren't all single moms! Finally found a few men in Weyburn that said we could come.
Good things are about to come here in the Weyburn/Estevan area I can feel it. I'm excited to see what this transfer brings!
Love ya all, talk to ya next week! 

 He says someone put the lady over the peep hole a very long time ago and it's still there.


The Sacrament
Have you ever sat there during sacrament meeting and read the hymn over that you just sang, or really listened to the words sung in the hymn? One of my favorite hymns to listen to while in sacrament is hymn 169 As now we take the sacrament. Some of the song says "As now we take the sacrament, our thoughts are turned to thee, thou Son of God, who lived for us, then died on Calvary. We contemplate thy lasting grace, thy boundless charity; to us the gift of life was giv'n for all eternity.
It goes on to talk about how we review the past, and know we must repent, and that the way to return to God is to live righteously. How we bless this day to him, and will linger with thankful hearts, and silently will pray to have the courage to accept his will.
When I was a priest I would sit at the table and prepare the sacrament while these words were sung and I would think about what I was doing while I broke the bread. I remember his body, and his suffering, especially his suffering on the cross. You can remember that through His mercy and grace, we will all be resurrected and given the opportunity for eternal life with God.
The water, you can remember that the Savior shed his blood in intense spiritual suffering and anguish, beginning in the Garden of Gethsemane. Submitting to the will of Heavenly Father, he suffered more than we can comprehend. Blood came from every pore, so great was his anguish for the wickedness and the abominations of his people. You can remember that through the shedding of His blood, Jesus Christ saved you and everyone else. He suffered for the sins, sorrows, and pains of everyone that has come to earth providing a remission of their sins for those who repent and live the gospel.
When you take the sacrament worthily each week you are renewing your baptismal covenants with God, and as you do this the lord is renewing his promise to you that as you follow him you will receive a remission of your sins. Knowing that we can take the sacrament each week is a blessing. Every week I'm sure we all have things we wish we wouldn't have done. The sacrament is there for those little things we do each week, to help us learn and improve from our mistakes and to become better in the coming week.
You do not need to be prefect to take the sacrament, but you do need to have a spirit of humility and repentance in your heart. When you prepare yourself to take the sacrament each week with a humble heart and a contrite spirit it will become a source of strength and a constant reminder of what the savior has done for you.
I'm grateful for what the savior has done for me. I know as I do my best in following him and keeping his commandments I can be forgiven of my sins and become clean again.
As you partake of the sacrament not this coming Sunday but the Sunday after think about what the savior had done for you, and what you have done during the week to come closer to him. Never let your relationship with your heavenly father fade away he will always be there for you in times of need. Make that daily connection with him through prayer and scripture study, and you will have the spiritual safety needed to go about your day.


 

No comments:

Post a Comment