Tuesday 17 April 2018

I Want to Be a Cowboy!


April 9, 2018

 
This week has gone by quick! Spent Monday night to Wednesday afternoon in swift current for exchanges. Fowler had me bring my guitar up and the nights we were there we did little jam sessions I guess you could call them ha-ha we did a decent version of simple man with the guitar, ukulele, and 2 singers (Peherson and Abadicio) Elder Fowler has been talking me up to his investigators that play guitar and they all want to meet me so that's what me and him did on our exchange was show me to all them. Taught Fowler a little on the guitar the time we were up there. Now he wants to sell his ukulele and save for a guitar! 

It's a lot different being with Elder Abadicio on our drives to and from swift. We talked about 7 of the 8 hrs. to and from there just telling stories about back home.

When we hit Regina we stopped in to get a few things quick and then do a bathroom break and who did we find as we are leaving the mama Wayton Center...the sunrise sisters! Going to do the same thing we were doing there (bathroom break) so we talked with them for a few then went on our way. Kinda made me miss the city after seeing them, it’s nice to see other missionaries during the day in random places like that.

Had a dinner appointment Thursday at 5 that we thought we had set the Friday at 5... So it's lucky the Lims asked if we were still coming even with the roads starting to get bad with a little storm coming in. We told them yeah we are still good ha-ha but about 1 minute out of town we did it why they asked if we were still coming... In town it was decent from the buildings blocking the wind and snow, but once we hit the edge of town and the open fiends of SK we couldn't even see 2 feet in front of us!! It was literally a white out. There were points I couldn't even see the road or the hood of the car...! So shortly after we hit the white out spot I pulled over and parked with 6 others on the side of the road and waited till it was safe to try and turn around and go back to Weyburn ha-ha 15-20 minutes later we were back in Weyburn, a full 1min drive from where we parked. Needless to say we didn't make it out to the Lims in Francis for dinner.
 

Bro Dudragne had us help him Thursday night with some moving of heavy items to other places around town. After he took us to his in-laws bowling alley for dinner and a round of 5 pin. It was pretty nice! Had black lights on and everything. 

Had a decent rest of the week. Did a few new potentials while out tracting. Set up appointment with 3 of them for the next day and all 3 lunched us (weren’t there) so that kinda sucked. 

On Sunday we finally got to meet with our Irish investigator Eoin (Sister Buchanan’s husband) haven't had a lesson with him since I first got here, they live so far out from Weyburn. We drove the 2hrs out to their place after church in Weyburn and Estevan. Visited for a while till dinner was ready, then after dinner came the best part, doing chores! Went out and fed their pot belly pig Wilbur, and the chickens. Then we went and hung out with the horses for a good bit. Meanwhile Eoin was giving me a hard time about missing my horses. Guess I was a little attached to this buckskin mare they had, looked just like my horse. Eoin goes “I bet your missing your horse’s right about now aren't ya?" then we went over to the cows and did a check on them. Abadicio I could tell was lost the whole time was we talked about horses and the cow’s ha-ha after we left he was like “it’s like you guess were speaking a different language!" 

They were talking about how everyone was going to be gone this week with other things and they didn't know who was going to do the checking on the cows while they were out. I spoke up and said “I’m around all week!" kinda half joking but not really ha-ha they said "alright tell President Craig you need 3 P days and you'll be good!" I'd be lying if I said I wasn't tempted.

After chores we did a lesson with Eoin on the plan of salvation. It was something we found out he had been wondering about lately during our how to begin teaching stuff, all you return missionaries will know what I mean when I say that. I guess he had a sister pass away shortly before he was born and he has always wondered where she is now and those kinda things. So we did L2 in a visual way by drawing out the word LOVE and adding all the steps of the plan on to it. It's kinda hard to explain over email how it's done.
It went super good though! The spirit was definitely there! We didn’t get out of there till 9:45! We probably could have been there all night talking to them about this plan, and how the spirit world is closer then we sometimes think. Sister Buchanan had a lot to say when it came to the spirit world being close. 

It was a pretty good lesson we thought.

Abadicio said on the way home "2 weeks with you and I want to be a cowboy, but now I really want to be a cowboy!"

Well that was our week!

Love ya all, talk to you next week! 

No comments:

Post a Comment