Thursday 18 January 2018

Marilyn's Baptism


January 8, 2018

So a few things this week that I forgot to tell last week.  Remember that older couple in Neepawa I always talked about, Ed and Marilyn?  Well Marilyn got baptized last Saturday!! It was super nice.  We got permission to skype into it too.
Also last week after church Sauni, Baker, Mills, and I had to break into Bishop Svenson’s truck for him after he locked his keys in it... So that was fun. ha-ha!

The other day me and elder Sauni helped a less active lady in the ward move some things around her place and during it my hand got a little cut on it from a screw, it we bleeding a little.  After that we had to run over to sis T's place for lunch so I didn’t have time to clean it off before, and when we walked in and she caught me cleaning my had off and saw what I did she went all nurse on me and pulled out the band aids and everything else you could think of so she could fix me up! Ha-ha She didn’t believe me when I said it was fine and I didn’t need that stuff.  Bro T was like "Carol he’s fine it’s not that big a cut".  But she just set to work on my finger and got'er all patched up for me ha-ha
 gotta move computers for a sec so ill finish the week in a moment.   

On exchanges this week with the ZLs I ran into one of the Berry's relatives Brother Tex!  So that was cool.  We got to talking about Cardston and the area and who we know back there, meanwhile Elder Fuster (he’s from the Philippines) sat there looking lost ha-ha it was a good time.  
Our feet from last week are back to normal finally! Only took about 5 days. Next week we are going to do it again!  Our feet are all hard now from the first time so we should be good to go we think! No I’m just kidding we won't do that again, for a little while anyway.... 
Yesterday was fast Sunday as you all know.  We did part of it to find more people and best thing ever, right after we got done fasting everything fell apart for our night and we had nothing to do but tract.  So we did and the last door we knocked on and also the door elder Sauni about broke his neck on the ice in the doorway; they let us in!  It was a young family of 3 and the guy he looked like a cross of my Uncle Randall and the guy that plays Thor ha-ha His name is Josh and he's engineer, and also is evangelical.  The restoration went pretty good with him, a little caught up one the fact that there is only one person technically who has seen these plates and they just disappeared after the translation.  Also seems to have the mindset that in order to write scripture you need to be educated.  But he said he would read it and pray to know if the things are true!  Didn't get to set another day up to see him but if he doesn't contact us by Wednesday we are going back to see him.
I’ll be paying for my first haircut today.... 19 yrs and never had to pay for one! 

And that's our week for ya, all the fun stuff anyway!
Love ya all, and talk to you next week!     

   

No comments:

Post a Comment