Tuesday 22 August 2017

Teaching Sunday School

Well not too much is going down here in Neepawa.  Sure do miss the stories I got up in the Flon, made things a bit more interesting for me to send out to you guys.
Had interviews here this week in our Apt since it’s the "church".  President said that I most likely won’t be in the Brandon zone my whole mission, or in the outlying areas forever.  Says I have to be in the city at some point.... Also told me that I might possibly be with Thomasson for another transfer.  Says he needs me to brake in this bronco a bit more ha-ha
Taught Sunday school yesterday, it went pretty good id have to say, must have been the 6hr prep I did for it.  I taught on the atonement.  I made my own lesson on the atonement, taking stuff from the talks the meaning of the atonement, and his grace is sufficient.  The spirit there in the lesson was pretty strong, strong enough that I almost cried while teaching... but it didn’t! Now you are probably wondering what was so good that I almost cried. I talked about how the atonement is like piano lessons.  Mom pays the lessons in full for us so we can learn.  We don’t pay mom back though through practice, nor do we pay the piano teacher through practice.  We pay through our appreciation of mom paying for our lessons, so that we can live our life on a higher level.  Just like Christ payed in full for our sins so that we could live our life on a higher level.  But we need to show our appreciation to him by using that gift he has given us.  Now I’m not saying that we shouldn’t practice.  If we don’t practice then we won’t be using that gift given to us, and we won’t be showing our appreciation for that sacrifice Christ or Mom has made for us to be better. We need to see our self's through Moms eyes every once in a while.  We need to see what she see in us and what she knows we can become, only if we would put the time and effort in.  It won’t be easy, and you’re going to hit a few wrong notes as you practice, but mom doesn’t say "oh you’re not good enough to keep practicing” when we hit those wrong notes.  She says “keep trying, you'll get it".  As hard as it may be to keep hitting those notes over and over again it will be worth it when you look back and see those blessings that came from your persistence and not giving up! 
The lord loves you just as much if not more than your mom does, and he wants you to succeed in this life, and he has given us a way we can do that.  All he asks is for practice, and to love and appreciate his sacrifice has made for you. We read in the scriptures “no unclean thing can enter into the kingdom of God".  But what unclean thing will want to enter into Gods kingdom? If we are not being heavenly then heaven will not be heavenly. 
When judgement day comes we will not be begging God "please let me in!'  If we were not doing well in this life.  Rather we will be saying "Get Me Out Of Here!"  We will not feel worthy to be in Gods presents.  But God and Jesus Christ will be pleading for us saying “please, use my atonement! Come home." We need to make sure that we are doing the best we can in this life!  We need to be ready to stand in front of god at judgement day knowing we did all we could to stay clean and unspotted from this world we are living in, and say "I am ready to come home." 
God loves us.  All we have to do its take advantage of his gift to us, and stop looking for someone to blame for our problems, rather we should be looking for someone to help us overcome those problems. 
I know god loves each and every one of us, and he wants us ALL to return to live with him.  Just practice!

Love you all and I’ll talk to you next week!

 PS I’m not reading over the whole email again so hopefully it makes sense.

What he said when we told him about his horse:
I bet it does!  treat'er good now;)  I cried more leaving her then I did the fam ha-ha

No comments:

Post a Comment