Monday 10 July 2017

Neepawa, Mb


Hey sorry about missing last week. Not too much has happened in the Flon in the past two weeks, so you didn’t miss much.
So if you remember Evan the guy that seems super promising and had his dad with him from Calgary.  We have met with him probably 5-6 times now and he is the first progressing investigator I’ve had since I got to the Flon.... So that’s pretty nice! 
A family in the branch, the Drennan’s, had their basement flood, so we have been out there quite a bit lately pulling up old floor and all that good stuff! So that’s been keeping us busy.  We are going over there tonight to help them move out of that place.  Guess it’s too much work for them right now and they are just going to leave it for whoever will take the place and go someplace else from what I understand. Which kind of sucks...
Did a lot of service out in Denare for bro Angell this week and last week.  We cut lots of wood for him. 
The carpet here in the church was changed to some newer stuff over the past 2 weeks.  the people working on it aren’t members so they were smoking in the building a bit and they even ate our sacrament bread out of the fridge ha-ha  so that caused a bit of a problem.  We are pretty sure they lived at the church when they were doing the carpet here.  They had a clothes line out in the trees and they had food in the fridge and the lady was making food one night we came to the church.  But they are gone now and the church is back in its original form!
A few days ago we were out doing some work on our potentials list and one guy we came to was a little disabled and couldn’t walk very well and his big dog got out and was raising hell up and down the streets barking at everything.  But the guy wasn’t too worried about him, he’s like "ah he’s all bark, and no bit in him” so we were like okay I guess we won’t get him for ya.  So on our way out the dog of course starts to follow us and bark at us as we walk away, and this is a big freaking dog so every time he barks you can feel the ground shake ha-ha and Lewis he’s losing his mind and is trying to get away from this dog by running around me to keep me between him and the dog and imp laughing at him the whole time, he’s like "dude this dog is going to kill us!!" so finally we get out of view of this guy’s house and I kick the dog right in the face and he goes off yelping, doesn’t come back to bug us.  Lewis was so amazed that I did that ha-ha he hasn’t been able to not bring it up when we talk to branch members or investigators. He thinks that was crazy. Ha-ha so that was fun!
Earlier this week we had a lesson with a guy named Richard we have been meeting with off and on.  He has some buddies that live down stairs of his place and they are always drunk when we come over, but we usually don’t see much of them.  This time we saw a lot of them during the lesson.... They come up wanting to meet us and all that which we have done pretty well every time we go over there, they just don’t remember.  So we meet them again and they leave, for a bit... then they come back up with all these questions wanting to know why we believe we are the true church and the one guy Pablo wants me to answer a question and his question is " who is the devil?"  So I told him and he didn’t like my answer ha-ha he’s like "don’t use those kind of words on me!! I’m a people person and I know this and that and whatever."  I guess I used some big words ha-ha then this guy Matt who was actually interested in our lesson sat down and had some good Qs,  too bad he was drunk and probably won’t remember what they answers were. Eventually somehow the topic got on to me... not sure why exactly but it did.  Pablo told me my tie was pretty bad A and then they got to my shoes and wanted to know what I paid, and that went off on some stuff and Matt the whole time is sticking up for me bless his heart ha-ha telling Pablo off.  Just wait it doesn’t end there... then they go off on my looks and how I could have anyone I wanted and should be busy all the time, and how I was probably a lady's man.  Which brings the question from Pablo “would you give up your faith to go do stuff with whoever?"  Matt again comes to the rescue and was like what kind of Q is that!? Pablo’s like “I just want to see how good his faith is!" so I told him no I wouldn’t! Needless to say our lesson with Richard was over after those guys came up... But it was a fun experience ha-ha
Met this guy named Robert and he lives in the trailer park here, he’s in his 60s and has a few health challenges so he doesn’t get around very well. We had a lesson set with him for Saturday, first lesson with him.  Got there and he took us out side to do our thing, cause he said he was cleaning his place.  The lesson didn’t happen since he just talked about old times and his life, which is fine he was probably lonely living all by himself.  We got on the topic of books, because elder Lewis loves old books and Robert had a bunch in his place. So we ventured into Roberts place to take a look, and you would not believe how much crap was lining his halls!  It was tall as me and the path through his place was just wide enough to walk in... It was nasty!  Surprisingly though the place wasn’t all that bad smelling.  He had a room full of old movies stacked taller than me and probably 4 deep it was nuts!   So that Robert.

Got Tmail today..... Guess where I’m going?!

Well that’s pretty well our past two weeks in a nutshell, pretty exciting huh!?

Well I’ll talk to you all next week, in Neepawa, MB with elder Thomason my step son! Should be a blast!!
                                                                           Kurt


Brother Angell
 
 
Neepawa is almost back down to Winnipeg. He'll be happy not to have the long drive to zone conferences.
Image result for neepawa manitoba on manitoba map

No comments:

Post a Comment