Friday 21 July 2017

God's Timing


So this week has been kinda crazy with transfers and all that good stuff.  Before I left Flin Flon I had one last lesson with Evan, and it was probably the best one we've had yet even if he did almost former us... We got in there and we talked for a bit, then he brought up all his doubts and how it’s not the right time for him right now and there’s too much going on really to get to into this.  So we tried to help him see that even though the timing for you might not be the best in your eyes, god must think this is the right time because he brought us to you.  I told him about how before my mission I was doing all this stuff with my friends and how I could have easily stayed behind and not come out here, but I didn’t.  Even though the time to me wasn’t right I knew that god knew this was the time I needed to come out, even if it was going to be hard to leave all this behind.  So I came to the call even though I had everything else going on in my life.  I went into more detail then but that’s the main idea of what I told him, and it seemed to have an impact on him because we are still meeting with him!
Thursday I believe it was I got put with my new comp Elder Thomasson from Washington State, he lives in the tri cities, 20yrs old and has a looottttttt of energy ha-ha and you who know me well know how good I am with high energy people... but he means well and we are getting along good, just got a few things to work out since I’m his step dad with training.  He still has all his old trainers ideas in his head and isn’t too good with adjusting to how I train, with time I hope we can work something out though.
First hr. in Neepawa I spent in a lesson with an older couple Ed and Marilyn, they are great!  You have to yell at Ed though so he can hear us ha-ha so it’s hard to make things spiritual.  We are so close to having them baptized, but Ed has been baptized already and doesn’t see why he should do it again.  But they came to church and they have us over every other day for a lesson, so in time they will get in the water.
the second day here I made Thomasson walk all over ha-ha and on the way home we had this younger guy Brain pull over on the side of the road asking if we wanted to talk! So we said yeah!  we got in and he took us out to eat, then we spent the next 2hrs in his car parked talking to him about the character of Christ and the afterlife, and also how the B of M contradicts the bible even though he’s never read the B of M.... but it was a very interesting 2hrs with him.  He was on his way to help with a bible camp called valley view bible camp, it’s up in Clearwater Lake.  So he knew the bible pretty well.  We didn’t get home till 10:00.....
Gave a talk in church here yesterday on the blessings of being a missionary.  it was a little over time by the time I finished it all believe it or not ha-ha 20min isn’t enough time to talk any more I guess.  We have church in our Apt, it’s the coolest thing!  After church we all get together and have a big dinner and visit for a while.  The Branch or Unit as they call themselves is great!! Bro Julius he brought a soup with testicles in it, he called it nut soup ha-ha so we had a bit of that.
So far things up here in Neepawa are great! People are nice, Apt is super nice, and the Unit is great!  I think I might like it here!
Well that’s really all for the week!
Love you all, talk to you next week!
 
Some of his letter to me:
It super nice here. Kinda feel like I’m in the Philippines ha-ha they are 90% of the pop up here, but they are the best!!!
BRO Angell told me he called you ha-ha that’s cool!  I really miss Flin Flon, never thought I’d say that but it’s really cleared a spot in my heart I guess.  Going to miss that branch and all the people back there I got to know. 
Can’t believe I’ve been out 5 months already!!!! Neither can Sister Judy Smith. (I love that we have couple missionaries out taking care of my boy that we know)
 
 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment