Friday 24 August 2018

Making Homemade Pie


August 13, 2018

 
Well I wish I could remember more of this week but I guess I'll just tell ya what I can remember as best I can, the days are all running together again lately.
Monday we spent making a pie with one of our members LA sons, he was giving us tips on how to make a good homemade pie and it turned out pretty good other then he got nervous and had us add a bit too much cloves haha but it was good anyway.
Did FHE with the old people like usual on Monday and as usual it was a hoot haha old people are funny.
Tuesday we spent driving around to members and Las places and visiting them since some of them are way out there and don't get to church very often. The Mondala’s the Filipino family you might have seen on FB with me and elder Sauni, they are moving close to Calgary so we went out there for a last super with the missionaries as they called it. They told us when we get home that we all have to get together and do something with them so that would be fun!
Wednesday the Flin flon elders were down for exchanges so we went and played balloon tennis with the old people! Me and elder baker were together so we watched these two old ladies fight over who hits the balloon out of turn when the other one misses it haha it was kinda funny especially when the one would growl at the other one haha
Did some service out at bro Pretes pretty well the rest of the day trying to help him get all his garlic in before he leaves this week to work. Me and elder baker had a race to see who could dig the most garlic and clean it properly and all that, just to try and make the time for faster.
Thursday was ZC and I may or may not have fallen asleep during it off and on... It's okay though because I told sis Hitchcock before ZC started that I might do that and she just laughed.
ZC is kinda boring for me now cause I feel like we have been trained on all the same stuff a thousand times and we do all the same practices. I know it's all for us to be better missionaries and all and if P Craig was here he'd say "learning is spaced repetition, so repetition is good." it's still hard to stay alive though sometimes.
When we got back from ZC we had a hr. left so we went and played some kids in basketball in our suites and got our butt kicked haha but we made some friends with them and it was fun so it was good!
Friday was weekly planning and more service with bro Prete doin garlic. I think I might die if u have to smell garlic again...! I don't mind the work but the smell is starting to get to me and yeah it's bad haha
Saturday we had a bday party for Caelynn our investigator so we helped her family put that on at the United Church. Kim (the mom) she had me do up the turkey and make the gravy cause she said she can't do those things very well. Once I had finished that stuff she was like "Sheldon I think I'm gonna take him home! He know how to do stuff!" haha
Sunday I gave me talk in church finally!! I’ve had a talk in church since I first got here but haven't actually gave it till yesterday! Did it on the atonement and Grace which the members said they liked so yup that was good.
Sis turner she put us down for dinner Wednesday night and put on it BRING GUITAR on it haha so I guess we might be doing some singing and playin!
Had dinner out at bro Pretes with bro Harrald and the Reesons, had pizza and peaches n ice cream along with garlic and peanut butter.... I didn't have the garlic though.
Went to a lesson elder Sauni and Arajuo set up while on exchanges but sadly they weren't there. Maybe next time.
Well that was pretty well our week!
Love ya all, talk to ya next week


 

No comments:

Post a Comment