Tuesday 3 July 2018

He Lives


I came across a book the other day with songs and art work by Hilary weeks and Simon Dewey it’s called He lives. Here's a little part of what I read in it. 
"He lives and everyday he watches over you. His love will never end for he's your brother, your savior, and friend. When I think of all he's done for me, I want to live so that someday I'll kneel at his feet and I'll thank him with my tears for his love through the years."
Often times we forget who we are, where we came from and what our potential is.
It is because of and through Jesus Christ that we can become who we are meant to be.  As we follow his example of how he lived his life on earth we can become that person God knows we can be.  It will take hard work and it won't happen overnight but I know as we do our best and learn from our older brother’s example that we can find our true potential. 
 Alma 36:3 says: 
"And now, O my son Helaman, behold, thou art in thy youth, and therefore, I beseech of thee that thou wilt hear my words and learn of me; for I do know that whosoever shall put their trust in God shall be supported in their trials, and their troubles, and their afflictions, and shall be lifted up at the last day."
If we trust in God and do what we know is right we can overcome anything. Have the faith to let God take the reins and that he will put in where you need to be. 
One of my favorite quotes is "pray as if everything depends on God, and work as if everything depends on you."  
God loves each one of you and he wants you to be the best you can and receive all the blessings he has in store for you.  I know we can accomplish all He has planned for us as we work as if everything we do depends on us and trust God to do the rest. 

 

 

No comments:

Post a Comment