Wednesday 30 May 2018

"I'll be calling you later boys"


April 23, 2018

So this week has been kinda crazy, slow, but fast. The weather has been super nice the last half of the week. We hit 18 the other day... It was so hot! Had no wind either. Hasn't been colder than 10 the last four days. 
For work this week we did some service with a guy named Kevin that the elders have become close friends with over the years. Helped him do some chores out on the farm that was nice. Told him all about Alberta, the ranch, and all my stories. Says he has to go to a ranch rodeo now. Ha-ha
Had dinner out at the Regniers again on Thursday! She gave us so much food, we almost died...! 
Had exchanges with swift on Friday down here. I was pretty good. We had 3 guitars in the apt when they were here and Fowler had me put strings on the 2 he brought down. One is his investigators, and the other is sister T's. Needless to say we had a little jam session.

The other night we got a call from a long lost referral named Dennis. He called us outta the blue asking if we were around town and could meet for coffee. He was on his way back from Calgary and was coming through Weyburn soon and wanted to meet up. 8:00 we met him at Tim Hortons, and we did the quickest most in depth L1 (restoration) I have ever done. We did everything in not even 30min and at the end he slapped down a 100$ on the table and said "you boys are out here working hard, treat yourself to something nice." got up and walked out the door and said "I'll be calling you boys later! I'm going to read this book!" we sat there for a sec wondering what just happened.... On the way out of Tim's we ran into our now former investor Corney as of earlier that day, so I stopped and talked to him for a second with all his family and friends around. They looked a little confused to see him talking to us. I don't think they knew he met with us the once. It was a pretty crazy day. 
Sunday me and Abadicio gave talks in church on missionary’s ha-ha good topic for us I guess! We even got our new friend Kevin to come listen to us speak! After we got done he said “I loved them both! You could really tell you had the spirit with you both as you went up there." And believe it or not I talked the longest out of us two...after church in Weyburn we ran down to Estevan for church there. And after church there we did a few stop bys, and then went to the Woodruffs for dinner and a little jam session doing a song bro Woodruff needed help doing some writing on. So it was a good day!
Right now us and the weather are having a love hate relationship. 20 degrees is nice but dang it's hot! Bring back winter! Jk

Well love ya all, talk to you next week! 

 Enos 1:3-6

Behold, I went to hunt beasts in the forests; and the words which I had often heard my father speak concerning eternal life, and the joy of the saints, sunk deep into my heart.

And my soul hungered; and I kneeled down before my Maker, and I cried unto him in mighty prayer and supplication for mine own soul; and all the day long did I cry unto him; yea, and when the night came I did still raise my voice high that it reached the heavens.

And there came a voice unto me, saying: Enos, thy sins are forgiven thee, and thou shalt be blessed.

And I, Enos, knew that God could not lie; wherefore, my guilt was swept away.

This is probably one of my favorite scriptures to read for a little spiritual thought. I like it because it shows that Enos he listened to what his parents had taught him, and he not only took it to heart, but he says my soul hungered. 

He wanted to be forgiven of whatever he had done so bad that his soul hungered for it. He prayed all day, and all night until he heard a voice say to him Enos you are forgiven. He knew God could not lie, and so his guilt was swept away. 

We to can have this same experience in our own life's if we choose to use the atonement. God does not want us to fail in life so he gave us this gospel to follow, and his atonement so we can be forgive when we fall. I know that when we use the atonement in out life's that we can be forgive when our hearts are in the right place. I know God loves you, he knows each of you personaly, and he wants you to return to his presence after this life. He knows what you are going through every minute of the day, and he wants to help you in any way possible. 

 

No comments:

Post a Comment